Local Representation Advisory Committee Ashfield
9 August 2016
Minutes of the Ashfield Local Representation Advisory Committee Meeting
held at the Ashfield Service Centre on Tuesday 9 August 2016
The meeting commenced at 6.33pm.
Lucille McKenna OAM (Chairperson) Vittoria Raciti
Morris Mansour (Deputy Chairperson) Adriano Raiola
Ted Cassidy PSM Max Raiola
Mark Drury Caroline Stott
Alex Lofts Jeanette Wang
Julie Passas Monica Wangmann
Richard Pearson Administrator
Phil Sarin Director Planning & Environment
Cathy Edwards-Davis Director Public Works
Popy Mourgelas Manager Corporate Governance, Ashfield
Helen Tola Manager Customer Service & Corporate Planning, Leichhardt
Rad Miladinovic Coordinator Governance & Administration, Marrickville (Minute Taker)
1. Welcome by Chair
2. Acknowledgement of Country
3. Apologies: Vanessa Chan
4. Disclosures of Interest:
Item 2 - Ashfield Aquatic Centre Redevelopment – Project Update:
Ted Cassidy declared a conflict of interest in Item 2 as he is a member of the JRPP. He will leave the room during discussion of Item 2.
5. Confirmation of Minutes:
Recommendation: DRURY / LOFTS
THAT the minutes of the 14 June 2016 Ashfield Local Representation Advisory Committee be confirmed.
6. Items for consideration by LRAC
1. THAT the LRAC receives and notes the draft comprehensive DCP (former Ashfield Council area) is on exhibition until 26 August 2016.
2. THAT a copy of the report (that went to the Planning and Environment Committee Meeting on 19 April 2016 and to the Council Meeting on 10 May 2016) be provided to all interested Committee members.
THAT the LRAC receives and notes the project update for the Ashfield Aquatic Centre Redevelopment.
At the Council meeting of 23 August 2016 it was resolved that LA0816 Item 2 be amended to reflect the following:
Monica Wangmann absented herself from the room during discussion of this item.
THAT the LRAC receives and notes the progress update on the Ashfield Town Centre Public Domain Improvements.
1. the Traffic Management Strategy dated 27/6/2016 for the (former) Ashfield LGA be supported in Principle with items listed in the Action Plan to be the subject of detailed investigation and further reporting through the Traffic Committee, where necessary, prior to implementation;
2. the 10 year Action Plan list be noted and updated annually or as required to allow new traffic management and road safety issues to be captured. The Action Plan to rank items utilising the scoring system identified in this report to prioritise measures for future implementation in line with available funding;
3. consideration be given to commissioning an engineer’s report in relation to the proposed roundabout at the Croydon Road / Church Street intersection, noting the comments that were made on page 121 of the business paper;
4. it be noted that the 10 year strategy has a value in today’s terms of $2.5 - 3.4M and the current provision of $40K per annum is inadequate if we are to make a difference. Other options be explored for additional funding to accelerate the traffic management strategy actions;
5. works in the Haberfield conservation area be referred to a heritage consultant for comment and be brought back to the Committee;
6. an alternate traffic consideration be made for the intersection of Meta, Hennessy and Young Streets (Item 51);
7. pedestrian access on Ramsay Street, at the newly located Post Office be investigated as a matter of priority; and
8. the request to install "Keep Clear" signage and line marking on Ramsay Street to support access out of Northcote Street be referred to RMS again particularly given the works associated with WestConnex (refer to page 88 of business paper).