Local Representation Advisory Committee Leichhardt
2 August 2016
1 Welcome by Administrator
2 Acknowledgement of Country
of Interest (Section 451 of the Local Government Act
and Council’s Code of Conduct)
5 Election of Chairperson
6 Confirmation of Minutes Page
Minutes of 15 June 2016 LRAC Leichhardt 4
7 Staff Reports
ITEM PAGE #
LL0816 Item 1 Summary of Resolutions 7
LL0816 Item 2 Shields Playground - Proposed Netball Courts 108
LL0816 Item 3 LPAC Olympic Pool Starting Blocks 112
LL0816 Item 4 Chemical Risk Assessment of Glyphosate Pesticide 114
LL0816 Item 5 Affordable Housing over Hay Street Car Park, Leichhardt 121
LL0816 Item 6 Alfred Street, Rozelle - Traffic Calming Report 130
LL0816 Item 7 No Sewerage Outlets for Sydney Harbour 133
LL0816 Item 8 Restaurant/Café at 107 Elliott Street, Balmain 137
LL0816 Item 9 Elkington Park Cottage, Balmain - Possible Conversion to Cafe 188
LL0816 Item 10 Open Space and Recreation Developer Contributions Plan Interim Update (2016) 273
Local Representation Advisory Committee Leichhardt
2 August 2016
Minutes of Local Representation Advisory Committee (Leichhardt)
held at Leichhardt Service Centre on Wednesday 15 June 2016
The meeting commenced at 6.30pm.
Members: Mr Frank Breen
Mr John Stamolis
Mr Darcy Byrne
Mr John Jobling
Ms Michele McKenzie
Ms Vera-Ann Hannaford
Ms Linda Kelly
Mr Tony Costantino
Mr Simon Emsley
Other Attendees: Richard Pearson Administrator
Vanessa Chan Interim General Manager
Matthew Phillips Director Corporate & Information Services, Leichhardt
Nellette Kettle Director Corporate & Community Services, Ashfield
Peter Gainsford Director Infrastructure & Service Delivery, Leichhardt
Simone Schwarz Director Community Services, Marrickville
Erla Ronan Group Manager Community & Cultural Services, Leichhardt
Darryl Watkins Policy Advisor, KJA
Ian Naylor Manager Governance & Administration, Leichhardt
Popy Mourgelas Manager Corporate Governance, Ashfield
Tanya Whitmarsh Manager, Governance & Risk, Marrickville
Helen Tola Manager Customer Service & Corporate Planning, Leichhardt
Rad Miladinovic Coordinator, Governance & Administration, Leichhardt
Ken Welsh Transport Planner, Leichhardt
Katerina Maros Governance Officer, Leichhardt
1. Welcome by Administrator
2. Acknowledgement of Country
3. Apologies: Nil.
4. Disclosures of Interest: Nil.
5. Election of Chairperson:
for the inaugural Leichhardt LRAC be Darcy Byrne and for future LRAC meetings
the chairperson be nominated at the commencement of each meeting, rotated in
alphabetical order and by decision of the member as to whether they wish to
Chair the meeting accordingly.
Darcy Byrne was appointed as Chairperson by majority vote for this meeting.
6. Items for consideration by LRAC
Item 1 - Terms of Reference for Local Representation Advisory Committees
1. That the Terms of Reference for the Local Representation Advisory Committees be noted and the following feedback be provided to the Administrator:-
· That meetings be conducted under procedures of the former Leichhardt Council Code of Meeting practice.
· That Clause 6 of the Terms of Reference be amended to specify that Committee Members are not permitted to speak to the media on behalf of Council rather than not permitted to speak to the media.
· That the LRAC business paper agenda include the item 'Questions on Notice' from committee members.
· That the agenda be provided three working days prior to a meeting.
· That the meeting time be 6.30pm to 9.30pm with an extension of 30 minutes as agreed.
· That LRAC agendas be publicly advertised on the website prior to the LRAC meeting.
the Administrator consider holding the Leichhardt LRAC on a Tuesday evening.
That the LRAC and Ordinary Council business papers include a summary of
resolutions of previous Council resolutions and all business moved at LRAC and
Ordinary Council Meetings of the new Inner West Council.
Item 2 - Ratifying Council’s Position on Westconnex
That the Local Representation Advisory Committee supported the following motions the Administrator is proposing to move at the next Council Meeting:
1. Inner West Council formally adopts a position
of continued opposition in the strongest terms to the WestConnex project, both
approved and future stages, consistent with the positions of the former
councils of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville.
2. Council establishes a central WestConnex
Response Unit to coordinate Council responses to resident concerns regarding
impacts associated with the construction of approved stages of WestConnex, as
well as submissions and representations on future stages.
3. Council continues to press the
immediate need for the Department of Planning and Environment to fund and establish a
compliance officer in the local area to respond promptly to resident issues.
4. Council establish a regular bi-monthly forum
chaired by the Administrator with representatives of all the inner west
WestConnex resident action groups to discuss concerns with the project and
opportunities for their resolution.
5. A report from staff be brought forward to the next meeting of Council outlining a community engagement plan to elicit views of the broader community with regards to ways the Council can assist them with concerns regarding WestConnex.
6. A report from staff be
brought forward to the next meeting of Council which summarises the outstanding
resolutions of the previous Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils
regarding WestConnex and action to be taken to implement.
a combined meeting of the LRACs be convened and that one of the issues to be
further discussed at the combined meeting is Inner West Council's position on
Item 3 - Draft Operational Plan and Budget 2016-17
the Local Representation Advisory Committee(s) note the Inner West Council
Draft Operational Plan and Budget 2016-17, including Fees and Charges, noting
that the document is on public exhibition until Thursday, 30 June 2016.
a quarterly budget review be reported to the LRACs.
3. That a quarterly review of progress on major infrastructure project be reported to LRACs.
Item 4 - 2016 Grants and Local Representation Advisory Committee
That the LRACs note the 2016 Inner West Grants program and the following feedback be provided to the Administrator:-
· That the commencement of grant applications be deferred until the draft criteria can be reported back to the LRACs.
· That representations be made to the State Government to request that the $1m community grant funding be in addition to the $15m Stronger Community Funds already allocated to Council.
Item 5 - Lilyfield Road Regional Bike Route Separated Cycleway Design
Recommendation JOBLING/ HANNAFORD
That the report be received and noted.
Item 6 - WestConnex Status
1. That Council staff continue to liaise with the Sydney Motorway Corporation in an effort to minimise impacts of WestConnex Stage 3 on local residents and businesses.
2. That all new information on WestConnex as received be reported to the following LRAC meeting.
The meeting concluded at 8:15pm.